Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
The carbon footprint is a word that is used to denote the total volume of greenhouse gases that are being generated from daily human activity. Knowing how to reduce your Carbon Footprint has become very necessary in the current times. Because climate change is getting worse day by day.
It is important to take measures and launch initiatives to reduce carbon emissions. Every activity you do like using your phone, switching on the fan, or charging your electric vehicle increases your carbon footprint. Thus, here in this blog, we have mentioned some simple steps to reduce your carbon footprint.
Steps To Reduce Carbon Footprint
These are some of the steps that can help in reducing your carbon footprint. You can improve your company or individual carbon footprint by making conscious decisions.
- Switch off unnecessary lights– Turn off the lights when you are not using them. And refrain from using your home tube lights if you get enough sunlight in your room. Make sure to develop a habit of switching off the lights once you get out of your room.
- Reduce your dairy and meat consumption– Dairy and meat products are one of the greatest producers of Carbon Emissions. and it is projected that the number of emissions is going to increase by 80% by the end of 2050. Try to consume agricultural foods and help in reducing carbon emissions. If you can’t go vegan and want to consume meat then try wild meat from sustainable agriculture.
- Avoid single–use plastic products- If you really want to make a change and want to reduce your carbon footprint. Then the first thing that you should do is refrain from using single-use plastics. More than 300 million tons of plastic are produced worldwide every year. And it consumes almost 17% of the carbon budget. Use the Footprint Calculator to identify different ways by which you can reduce the impact on the environment.
- Reduce plug load- Try to minimize the use of multiple appliances at a time. Use only those appliances that you need or in which you are working. If you do this you will save a lot of energy. Which ultimately will result in reducing carbon emissions.
- Use stairs and avoid elevators- Try to use the stairs as much as possible. And use the elevators and lifts only if you are unable to walk or live on the upper floors of the apartment. Elevators and lifts consume a lot of electricity which you can save by using the stairs.
- Switch to CFLs- Try to avoid normal tube lights and bulbs and switch to CFL bulbs. Because normal tube lights consume a lot of energy whereas, CFL bulbs, on the other hand, use less than 75% energy when compared to incandescent bulbs, and they also for a long period of time.
Climate change and environmental problems are increasing every day. And now it’s high time that we use a footprint calculator and know about our carbon emissions.
This will help us to Reduce our Carbon Footprint and help a little in protecting the environment. We hope that all the steps that we have listed are pretty simple to follow, and if we follow these steps then we will prevent ourselves from gruesome climatic changes.
Making lifestyle changes where we can, will help our environment, some of these choices, will not affect your daily lives, as they just might be what item you buy, but they will have a lasting impact on our environment.
Here at Balanced Earth, we have different carbon offset programs for you to invest in, this will help the earth to be healthy again, and we can all make a difference.